Marketing Strategy 101 How To Overcome Marketing Politics

Description of your first forum.
Nazmuss321a

Marketing Strategy 101 How To Overcome Marketing Politics

Post by Nazmuss321a »

You are in a conference room with the management team of the company. You present your marketing plan. Halfway through, one of the top leaders says, “I don't think this part is going to work. I don't think our clients care about this, and I don't think you are reaching them the right way. How do you know they will like it? Welcome to Marketing Strategy 101. Here's what it looks like when you haven't done what I'm about to suggest: the most powerful thing you can do to become a great marketer. So back to the bedroom. There you have it, no answer. In fact, you're there, with an executive asking you a question that, if you had done what I'm going to suggest, wouldn't even have come up in this meeting. Once this issue is suspended in the room, the remainder of the meeting will be a free discussion, filled with opinions. "In our last company, we did X." “I don't think this method works. I know it doesn't work for me. "I think we should do X because it makes more sense to me." And all the power that you could have had in that meeting, as a marketing executive, with all your marketing skills, will flow out of the room like water in a tub drain.

Since you don't hold the power, as you would if you were an engineer or a developer, everyone will jump into the power vacuum. Without the confident marketer in the meeting, marketing becomes the Consumer Email List business park, where everything goes and nothing goes well. It is a real shame. You could be the master of this room. You could be the one who has the answers, can refute all of those assumptions and opinions with real facts. And no, I'm not just talking about using data, like in your campaign results. Yes, such data is essential; it can help you refine your strategy or devote more resources to something that seems to work better. But there is another kind of information that, if you had it, would give you power that you, as a marketer, never thought possible. The source of this power comes from only one place: a personal knowledge of who your customers are, what they want and how they want to buy. How to get the power “I know who my clients are,” you think. And my answer is, “If you don't regularly talk to your customers, interviewing them and / or helping them through their buying process, you are seriously wrong. You won't know how off target you are until you start to know your customers.

Based on everything every marketer has told me who has done this, it will change your professional life. The marketers making this shift are propelling themselves from average marketers losing boardroom battles to confident and respected professionals. They can stand up and say, “Well, John, I know you feel that way, and I can understand why. But I've spoken to 10 clients this month and they all tell me the same thing - they want it like this. John will step back, because customers are the source of income, and if you're the one who knows your customers best, you'll be the most powerful person in the room. At that point you will win and you will continue to win. Everything will change for the better. The way to gain this power is simple, but it requires serious commitment on your part, as the pressures of your daily, deadline-driven existence and your own natural shyness (most marketers are quite introverted) will make you hesitate. to achieve it. Pay no attention to these barriers. Decide that you are going to go for the golden ring and start working on it. First, make a list of the customers you want to talk to. Create a spreadsheet with their name, title, company, phone number, and email address. Give yourself a column to record the status of your efforts.